Friday, July 27, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: July 27

I really don't have much to wrap-up this week, and probably won't for the next month.  Other than watching the Olympics and visiting with family, we don't have many plans for the next few weeks.

Last week was the last week of the summer swim season, so this week we have had quiet evenings at home.  Well, except for Wednesday, when we were out for the swim team end-of-season picnic.  Oh, and Tuesday, my husband and his friend spent the evening working on his outboard motor.  And then letting it run (...and run) to make sure all was well.  But other than that, things have been pretty quiet around here.  


This is also our last week of "school".  We're taking a month off before starting up for the official new school year.  Of course, that also means making final plans and preparations for the year (well, as "final" as things get around here...our academic plans are always open to change).  I'm looking into various options for pre-algebra for Turtlegirl.  Right now, I'm looking at Math-U-See, Teaching Textbooks, Kahn Academy, and Thinkwell I'll let her choose from those, and/or any others I might find. We've used Math U See for other levels and I liked them well enough, although she was not crazy about them.  Or maybe it is just math in general.  When I was looking into Algebra I for Swimmah, she swore she hated Math U See, but when I showed her the various options (can't remember now what other ones we looked at), she decided to go with Math U See and hasn't complained about it since.


We're looking forward to watching the Olympics over the next couple of weeks.  Swimming is high on our list of events to watch, naturally.  We're looking forward to gymnastics as well, not to mention a few sports we have not seen before, such as canoe slalom.  Let the games begin!


This post is linked to Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unscocialized Homeschoolers.

4 comments:

  1. We're turning into Olympic junkies over here. Someone else had posted a link to this cool medal tracker on her blog. I downloaded it and printed two copies of it (one for each of my children.) My 9 year old boy is especially excited about it.
    http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/olympic-medal-tracker/

    ReplyDelete