Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: July 6

There's nothing like a holiday in the middle of the week to throw you off!  Wednesday felt more like a Sunday, which threw me off Thursday and Friday.  Plus, my husband took the week off from work so that made the whole week feel like the weekend.

Not that I'm complaining - it has been a pleasant week.  We took the kayaks out on the river on the 4th, and stopped at a beach area for a picnic lunch and a swim.  The girls had a great time flipping their kayaks and getting back into them from the water.  Then we went to my in-laws for a cook-out.

My husband got in a couple of fishing trips, split a bunch of firewood, and he and I painted the front door.  Swimmah and Turtlegirl both volunteered at the nature center, and Swimmah at the library.  She also decided to continue the mural on her bedroom wall started last summer.  Last year, she did one wall (an under-ocean scene) so now she is painting a second wall.  Here is what she did last year:






I'll post more pictures when it is completed.  Turtlegirl painted a mural on all of her bedroom walls last summer.  Here are two of her walls:

The kitty is our beloved George, who is no longer with us.



And meanwhile, I have started to feel pressured to get my plans for the coming school year more fleshed-out.  It must be the time of year, because Julie at Brave Writer posted about this today.  So over the next couple of weeks, I will carve out time to sit and reflect on our goals for the coming year and discuss individual plans with each of my girls.

Are you feeling pressured to finalize your plans for next school year, too?

This post is linked to Weekly Wrap-Up.

5 comments: