Friday, August 3, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: August 3

This week was one with lots of driving and lots of TV viewing - the Olympics, of course.

My husband had to have some work done on his car - a scheduled tune-up and an unscheduled trip by tow truck to the locksmith.  That meant I had to drive him to drop the car off (once) and pick it up (twice), drop him at the bus stop in the morning one day and pick him back up.  Then I've also been driving Swimmah to a lifeguard training class (she passed!) every morning and picking her up again, plus one evening during the week she met a couple of girls from her class at the pool to practice their lifesaving techniques.  All in addition to the usual driving around.  I don't anticipate any more car issues next week, and the lifeguard training class is over, so it will be back to the quiet life here next week.

We have been enjoying watching the Olympics, although I have had the results of various events spoiled by hearing who won the gold on the radio or in the newspaper.  We're also wondering when they're airing all the medal ceremonies.  They must be on after we go to bed - and I've stayed up past 11 most nights this week.  They're probably online; I just have to go looking for them.

Michael Phelps' final event is on tonight.  Hopefully, it will be on before 11:00 - I need to go to bed a little earlier tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment