Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Turtlegirl's Nature Center

I believe I've mentioned before that Turtlegirl has a veritable nature center here in our "all-purpose" room (sometimes called the piano room, sometimes the turtle room).  She has done this previous years, but this year's is the most extensive to date.  Here are some pictures:



One of the newt hatchlings
Some of the toadlets
This one's very shy.  He also has lots of algae - you can see it if you look closely.
The littlest turtle.
The new 40 gallon tank she bought with birthday money.
There are also adult newts, who laid eggs right after she brought them home.  That's where the newt hatchlings came from.  She also has a couple of wood frogs that metamorphosed from tadpoles she caught.  All will be released back to the wild.
Update: The toadlets were released to our garden today, June 7.


This post is linked to Science Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks...I see you're another Montessorian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turtle is so small! How incredibly cute. And I'm super impressed you're letting her keep all of these animals and that she's keeping them alive.

    Thanks for linking to Science Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that my husband was the driving force behind her keeping all the animals. Now I just go along with it! And she is very good at taking care of them.

    ReplyDelete